Hostel at Dev Samaj College for Women, Sector 45-B, Chandigarh is known to be one among the best girls’ hostels in the city colleges. With the capacity to house over 200 students, the hostel has very comfortable and congenial atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and cater to needs of the young girls.
- Reading Room for study for the hostelers.
- Well-furnished and spacious rooms to give students homely feel.
- Spacious mess where girls can have hygienic food.
- Well-equipped gymnasium to keep residents fit and healthy.
- 24 x 7 Internet access facility.
- A common room with a LCD TV for entertainment.
- Accommodation is available to college students. The number of seats is limited.
- All students, old and new, seeking hostel accommodation are required to fill in the hostel form at the time of applying for admission to the College. This form must be signed by the parent/guardian.
- Students seeking accommodation for the first time must be accompanied by the parent/guardian.
- A student is required to bring two passport-sized photographs of parents (both, mother and father) and local guardians (a maximum of two married couples) at the time of joining the hostel.
- A medical fitness certificate, issued by a competent authority must be attached with the form. It should also carry the information of the blood group of the student and her sensitivity, if any, to any medicine.
- The Principal is the final authority for admission to the hostel. She may refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
- Mere submission of application form does not ensure admission in the hostel.
- The student should deposit the fee on the day of her admission otherwise her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- Hostel seat is allotted for one academic year only. Admission shall be sought afresh in every academic session. The reservation of the hostel seat for the next session can be done on advance payment of Rs. 3000/-. This amount is non-refundable but adjustable in hostel fee.
- Hostel seat may be denied to the old resident if her conduct, attendance and result of house tests have not been up to the mark.
- A wrong statement of facts or willful concealing of information may lead to expulsion of the resident.
Rules For Hostelers
- Rooms are allotted by the Warden in consultation with the Principal. Residents must not interchange their rooms without the permission of the Warden.
- Merit in studies and other fields alone is taken into consideration at the time of allotment of seats. The basis of allotment can be modified by the Principal/Warden as necessitated by the circumstances.
- Students must be present at the time of allotment of seats.
- Room-mates shall be the students of the same class except in the case of real sisters or first cousin.
- Each resident is provided with a chair, a table and a cot. Furniture is not to be removed from one room to another in any case.
- Resident will be responsible for any damage to the hostel furniture and curtains entrusted to her.
- Day scholars are not permitted to visit or stay in the hostel.
- If a resident absents herself from the college/hostel without any reason/permission, her parents/guardian will be informed immediately. In case she doesn’t mend her ways, she will be removed from the rolls of the hostel as well as college.
- Playing cards, smoking, taking of meat, eggs, cakes, pastries, wine etc. in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Residents should not display or be in possession of any obscene material.
- Absence from hostel for the whole day or late arrival without prior permission of the Warden will be taken seriously and defaulters will be heavily fined.
- Residents must look up the hostel notice-boards at least once a day to read important notices. Ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse for non-compliance.
- Residents will not be allowed to stay in the hostel during the summer vacations after the University Examination (Theory and Practical) are over.
- Residents are advised not to keep excessive cash/jewellery and other valuable with them. The college doesn’t hold any responsibility for any loss.
- Night roll call will be taken every day by the warden at 7.00 PM. A resident present in the hostel but absent from the roll call is liable to fine of Rs. 10/- per instance.