Inaugural function of Women cell was held in the college. Ms. Manisha Khanna, Ex- Alumni, Investment and Trust Accountant, Members Equity Bank, Melbourne was the chief Guest on the occasion. A writer by passion, her article is published in ‘Australian Rationalist’ magazine. She writes under the pen name of ‘Maahib’. …Read More
D- MASTER’S CLUB
- At the Inaugural function of D-Master’s Club of 27th August, 2016. An installation ceremony was conducted and the office bearers were appointed. Ms. Simarpreet Kaur of B. Com-III was elected President of the club.
- A workshop on ‘Interview Skills’ was held under the club by Mrs. Pooja Kapoor, Head, People Academy HR consultants. Practical demonstrations were also made to help the students learn this essential skill. Students participated in debate “T.V.
- Serials are destroying the flavor of social relationships”. It was followed by a rebuttal and a heated discussion was witnessed. The members of the club enthusiastically participated in the open discussion.
- A Lecture on “Awareness of Renewable Energy” in collaboration with Chandigarh Renewable Energy & Tech. Promotion Society (CREST) on 19th September,2016.
- A lecture on the ‘Awareness about Renewable Sources of Energy’ was held on 21st November, 2016 in collaboration with CREST Chandigarh. Dr. SakshiGautam from Department of Physics, Panjab University, and Chandigarh delivered lecture on the importance of Renewable Sources of Energy. …Read More
- Students of the BBA Department enthusiastically participated in Management games on the theme of ‘Out of the box thinking’ and ‘Team Building’
- Logo Designing competition on the theme of online shopping, hospitality, Banking and Service Sector along with power point presentation competition was conducted on 17th February, 2017.
RED RIBBION CLUB
- Red Ribbon Club organized an Awareness Lecture on HIV (AIDS) on 16th November, 2016. Mrs. Sunil, Assistant Director, Chandigarh state Aids Control Society was the speaker.
- Puppet Show was organized on on 21st March, 2017 for the students as a part of AIDS (Awareness) Campaign
Six students of BA-II successfully completed one and half months training programme on ‘Psychometrics’ at state council of Education, Research and Training, Sector-32, Chandigarh from 1st February to 31st March 2017.
The Department of Punjabi and Hindi organized a workshop on “Creative Writing Skills” on 1st March, 2016. The resource persons Dr. Anil kumar sharma (senior officer AG Haryana) and Mrs. Manjeet Indra (ex deputy director dpi, Punjab)talked about the techniques which are useful to develop creative writing skills.
- One-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016.
- “Ringing Bell” a two-day workshop was organized with Pidilite Company on 25th & 26th October, 2016, in which students made Diwali gift items with household waste material and an exhibition was put up in the college campus by the students.
- ‘Tile Painting Workshop’ was organized on 27th October, 2016 with the Pidilite Company. Artist Narita demonstrated Tile Painting. Students made beautiful tiles which were exhibited in the college campus on 29th October, 2016
- A one-day workshop by “Jaswinder Singh- Artist cum Teacher” from Patiala was organized by Fine Arts Department on 27th February, 2017. 3. one-hour lecture cum Demonstration was organized in the department by “USHA Sewing Machines Company” in August 2016.
- Deepika Tiwari of B.Com-III was inducted as the new Rotaract club President along with 77 members on 1st September, 2017. The Secretary of the club apprised everyone about the activities undertaken by the club in the previous session.…Read More
CAREER AND PLACEMENT CELL
The career and placement cell organized campus placement Drive on 31st January, 2017. It created a record in the placement history of College as 1341 students from trinity colleges were registered. …Read More
Sexual Harassment, Grievance and Anti Ragging Cell
Helps in direct communication of the students with the authorities. The students can give their suggestions in writing and put them in the suggestion box. The box is opened periodically.
Samvedna is a counselling helpline of Dev Samaj College for Women, Sector 45-B, Chandigarh. It is an emotional anchor for our students to destress and help them in coping up with various social, and career related issues. The students may contact:
Dr. Satinderjit Kaur
Lecturer in Psychology